Monday, October 18, 2010

Lost: Right arm. Reward.

   I am sitting here hunched over my computer with my arm in a homemade scarf sling. I went to the farmers market Saturday and bought my weight in meat and fresh veggies. Walking around carrying my bags I felt like my arm was going to fall off and apparently it did, to a degree. I'm happy I resisted purchasing the gigantic warty pumpkins because then I would have had to carry my arm home too.      
   Fortunately we went to Ikea Saturday and purchased a desk which is the perfect height to rest my arm on while typing with no pain but I must resist the ease of the computer and hope that the table is also the perfect height to rest my arm on while I figure out how to sew 2 Halloween costumes one handed.
   I need to make a Link costume and a Hoth Rebel Trooper. I was feeling very resourceful when I realized I could use the old cover from the couch to make a Trooper costume to which costume-ee responded, "well you are going to have to cut it", I guess he thought I would just wrap him in the couch cover. I told him of course I would cut it and sew it and it would look great, after a moment of thought he said, "well I guess I could just go as a couch."
  I guess I have been much more impressed with my "homemade" Halloween costumes in the past than they have. I think the Costco Halloween isle has made them a little bitter toward me and my Halloween ethics of homemade costumes, probably because no matter how scary of a costume they request, there is always a bit of a funny side too.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha I literally can't stop laughing, a couch! What a brilliant halloween costume idea. I think you should make my halloween costume too, maybe a sweet potato? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to post a Halloween picture of the scary couch. Maybe it's time they tried the sewing machine... that could be scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the boys could go as a couch and the other a potato :)
    Must say though the Hoth Rebel Trouper is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete