Friday, September 10, 2010

1$ Hot Dog Anyone?

   Wyoming. 14 hour drive. 3 little boys. 1 car. 1 large box of snacks. 5 suitcases. 1 very large bag of motorcycle gear. 6 helmets for skateboarding and motorcycling. 28 pairs of underwear (which is never enough). 2 many diapers to count. Very full trunck which after repacking after the hotel had plenty of room to spare making me think we forgot something major that I have not missed yet, possibly Nate's 5 pairs of shoes.
   Before we left along with the pile of laundry that was threatening to swallow my bed I had to tackle the car. I have offered my 2 boys the only money job available which is to clean the car. 1 dollar a week each, one boy vacuums, one boy wipes down the inside. They did it once and of course it was a huge job because it had not been done for months, (I honestly can't remember it could have never before been done) as it is the one job that hovers between my responsibility and Nates, the up in the air job that I refuse to add to my ever growing list. So it gets made into a money job, I thought it was a stroke of genious as the boys are always requesting money jobs. Nate said I don't pay well enough and that is why the boys are not interested. I am just happy to be able to have something to throw back at them when they want money to buy more lego..."you know you could have made 10 dollars by now", to which Ethan replies, "well 9 really because of tithing". Maybe he would clean the car for 1.10 per week.
   So I get up at 6am the day we are to leave and think that maybe Nate is right the job may be worth more. The worst thing I found was half of a 2 week old hot dog thankfully still in its foil wrapper left in the seat compartment. I contemplated taking a picture of it but couldn't bring myself to open the wrapper, little sister-you know who you are, I am sorry for ever asking you to take out the garbage because I think I now understand your revulsion, I don't think there was anything anyone could have offered me to make me open up that hot dog wrapper- though it was a hot dog so it probably looked, smelled and tasted exactly the same as when I bought it.
I made it through the pile of laundry and came out on the other side with 4 packed bags and a cleared bedroom floor.
On the Road to Wyoming Pictures forthcoming:

3 comments:

  1. I'll give you a dollar to open the foil wrapper next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempting, but NO. and there better not be a next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the comment "pile of laundry that was threatening to swallow my bed". Thank goodness the hot dog was still in the wrapper - unlike some items I found in the depts of the couch when you girls were young.

    ReplyDelete