Friday, December 10, 2010

3D

   I turned 30 last week. Yes now I am old, but I have already accepted this fact as I have been preparing all year for this Birthday. Just one of the reasons I am thankful that numbers come in order.
    I was a bit surprised actually when I awoke on the 7th and felt exactly the same as on the 6th back when I was young and in my "20's" albeit late 20's which does sound older than early 30's which sounds older than 30. So you see a whole year of mental thought really does pay off but as I was saying, I thought I would feel different. I was ready to wake up 30 and all of a sudden have the inclination to wear make up every day, buy 7 different colors of track suits, throw out all of my shoes except my runners and high heels and run off to perm my hair.
I am happy to tell you that I didn't even have to resist as I am still me and have been wearing skirts and tights and stripy socks all week in celebration of being 30, who knows what the future will hold as horrified teenagers see what 30 looks like.
  To top it off I even have some accomplishments, accomplished in my 30th year to ring in my 30th Birthday.
  Top of the list I weaned the baby and this was no easy task as he was not born with a gift for enjoying real food but would have been more than happy to be a nursing baby/toddler/child for years and years. Well he is done and he really likes cookies and bananas so I think he will be just fine nutrition wise.
  We ate mostly local organic food this year so now I should be feeling and looking younger right? No wonder it hasn't been a big deal.
   I read the childrens book Little Pea One Bazillion times, the boys still do not like spinach. I may have to try the Popeye angle.
   Other things of note that have happened this year, my mom was diagnosed with cancer and ensuing surgeries, we almost lost all of our photographs of the last 10 years when the laptop "died" and I misplaced about 600 dollars. Forcing me to contemplate the importance of things such as family, memories and money.
   So all in all a good productive 30th year, my mom is recovering, the photographs were reclaimed as for the money I'm still hopeful.

3 comments:

  1. Makeup? I haven't seen any makeup since the 7th! ;) There was a comment at the company party, "Your wife is so Northwest!" - it had to be the skirt/tights/stripey socks combo. But that's just the way I like you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! so I can still get you stripy socks for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete