Friday, January 7, 2011

Snogging

   Ten years ago to the day at 8 o'clock in the morning I was twenty and knew what I wanted out of life, actually I knew what I didn't want out of life, actually I knew very little and still do though now I know slightly more because I will admit to how little I do know.
   Turns out 14 hours later I would know a lot less about what I wanted out of life as I received my first kiss. Yes I was twenty, and no I am not making this up for romantics sake and yes Mom I waited for love to kiss. Though honestly it was more of the sleeping beauty story, not because I am a fairy tale girl (though I do own a lovely cast iron pan) but because I was falling asleep on the floor after watching a movie and all of a sudden Nate was kissing me, kissing me! I'm sure my lips felt very much like those of snow white or sleeping beauty because I froze wondering weather I should 1. Hit him, 2. Pretend I really am totally asleep and just not wake up, 3.Yell at him or at least tell him off, 4. Kiss him back, what? All these thoughts hit at the life flashing before your eyes speed and if in the semi movie darkness he had not put his hand on my chest in an effort to find my shoulder my thoughts may have been a bit more gentle, though probably not. Turns out I chose number 4. And sometimes am still surprised by my choice, what with all those obviously more Sarah-ish choices. Though maybe my life did flash before my eyes and that is why I chose what I did. Not my life up to that point but my life forward from that point.
Happy Birthday Nate, I Love You!

3 comments:

  1. awwwww...I love you too Sarah! I don't know what got into me that pushed me forward to kiss you that night, but I'm sure glad it did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I consider the Sarah-ish options, lucky for Nathan you didn't pick 1 or 3 as you would have either knocked him out (with or without a frying pan) or verbally blasted him causing him to remained a hermit for many years afterwards. - As I see it your choice created a fairy tale story after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. I love it. It's funny the things you do when you find true love. Happy Birthday Nathan!

    ReplyDelete